Please send an email and tell me a bit about yourself, what you are looking for, and your timing.
Here is my application that can cut and paste into an email to me:
PUPPY APPLICATION We value your time and we very much appreciate those of you that take the time to fill out an application. We receive dozens of emails every week and we take seriously completed applications (vs. “hey, do you have puppies right now?”). We appreciate that you take the time to do it and hope you understand that the value out of it is us making sure we have the right fit for you, and our puppies. We respond to those that take the time to tell us more about themselves. Email us your completed application.THANK YOU so much for your interest in our Doodles!
PLEASE MAKE SURE EVERYONE IN THE HOUSEHOLD IS FULLY ON BOARD BEFORE APPLYING AND SUBMITTING INQUIRIES - PLEASE RESPECT OUR TIME - OUR WEBSITE HAS LOTS OF INFO FOR YOU TO LEARN ABOUT GOLDENDOODLES AND SHEEPADOODLES.
1. What is the timeframe you are thinking of getting a puppy? (NOTE: we are only booking a couple months in advance from now on to eliminate potential disappointment) - mother nature does not provide puppies on specific dates around vacations and travel plans, so some flexibility is necessary.
2. What gender, color, coat style, size, or generation preferences do you have, if any? (please note, we cannot guarantee adult size/weight, color, coat style) – If you are very set on a particular “look”, we can't guarantee! You must be flexible on some things - Mother Nature is very fickle on timing. Is there a particular list on the website you are interested in? If this is for something beyond 3 months from now, we are not able to tell you our plans that far out.
Any weight/size considerations?
3. What type of personality would fit your lifestyle and any other special considerations? Please keep in mind, all our puppies have great temperaments and it is up to YOU to train them to be what you want....if you have a high energy household, your puppy will become high energy - if you don't train your pup, your puppy won't have manners:
4. Do you have any children in your household, and their ages? (please note, puppies like to nip/play with their teeth) If you do have children, are you prepared to give a puppy enough priority? Puppies need A LOT of exercise - a tired puppy is a good puppy. Are your children gentle with animals? Are they aware that a puppy might nip them in play and that the puppy will be rambunctious at first?
5. Do you have any building/apartment weight restrictions/do you own or rent? If you do rent, what do you intend on doing if the puppy barks and whines and takes awhile to adjust to their new home? Are your neighbors dog friendly? We have had to help rehome several puppies because of resentful neighbors (from barking puppies - usually at the initial few weeks at their new home). We do not want to do this as it is extremely disruptive to a puppy's early training and adjustment.
6. Are you willing to attend puppy socialization classes and hire a trainer to help you and your puppy adjust? We stay in contact with our puppy owners and the ones that struggle are always the ones that did NOT take their puppy to socialization puppy group classes and/or did not have a trainer come to their home to teach them things. Even experienced dog owners know the benefits of taking a puppy to puppy group classes - so, we want owners that are willing to do this. It is worth it!:
7. Do you or anyone in your household believe in loudly/harshly scolding, hitting, or "punishing" a dog by such methods? Do you have or plan on having an electric fence (if so, do you have a pro trainer for it)?
8. Are you aware of the costs andtime commitment of a puppy and the long term ownership of a dog? Please also tell us what you intend to do with your puppy. Do you walk or hike? Do you travel a lot? If so, do you plan on taking the puppy? Do you have the ability to exercise and play with a dog more than 4 times a day?
8a. If something were to happen to you, who will take care of your dog? If you get the puppy and have buyers remorse, who will take the puppy? Please understand that our puppies are not for rent, they are for life, even if they bite you and your kids with their puppy shark teeth and cry all night - they are babies and need patience, love, and training.
8b. If you have kids and they play sports, what will the dog do all day/night/weekends? Does your family have the time for a dog that is a social, human loving animal?
8c. Are you aware that many doodles need professional grooming and/or daily brushing to avoid mats? This can add up to $100-$200 every 8 - 14 weeks.
8d. Are you ready for a baby? Are you ready for potentially a week or two of nonstop crying whenever you leave? Puppy biting and puppy energy can be exhausting. Are you able to take the first few days or weeks off to bond with the puppy so when eventually you do leave, he isn't so scared of the "new" place?
9. Do you currently have any other dogs in your household? If so, do they like puppies?:
10. Will you be picking up your puppy or will other arrangements, such as delivery or flight nanny, need to be made? (please note, we do try to arrange a group delivery to a halfway point for every litter but you're welcome to come):
11. Where do you live and what is your contact information? Please include your full name, living address, email, and phone number:
12. Are there any special considerations or concerns that we should know about?:
13. Please provide us with a reference. Name and email is fine.
14. If you are a person/family that could potentially have "buyers remorse," or if you are 'never satisfied', please do not send in this application. Thank you for considering my sanity in advance. ;-)
We do NOT push our puppies on people. We will most likely try to talk you out of a puppy (especially if you are unsure) - we want committed, solid, ready for 'the puppy work and investment' type owners so that our pups will be successful and happy dogs for their entire 10-15 years of living! Adventures and lots of fun times should fill their lives.